Stuck for heading ideas?
Try using opposites.
Here are 6 examples:
- Stop haggling, start house hunting (mortgage broker)
- Small change, big difference (not for profit)
- Say goodbye to wastage and hello to profit (lean manufacturing)
- Create a lasting first impression (fragrancing)
- Study underwater and go overseas (scuba course)
- Why buy old when you can have new (builder)
As you can see, great headlines aren’t just for blog articles (I recently spotted this sign, it’s great!)
Why opposites work:
- They force comparison (between two extremes)
- They are polarising (remember: taking the middle ground is boring!)
- They are jarring (making your reader sit up and take notice)
What do you think makes the best headline?
Leave a comment below if you’d like to share your thoughts.