No, I didn’t misspell testicle.
Because today’s article is about listicles.
Even if you don’t know what a listicle is, you will have read hundreds of them online – and the best part is that listicles are a blog-writers dream.
What exactly is a listicle?
A listicle is a blog article that’s presented in the form of a numbered list, for example:
- 10 signs you need a new accountant
- 7 ways to cook pulled pork
- 5 steps to improving team morale
As you can see, listicle’s can be about almost anything – as long as the topic is of value to your particular audience.
3 reasons why listicles rock
Listicles are great because… (warning, this is a mini-listicle)
- They provide your reader with certainty about what they’ll get from your article
- They allow your audience to scan or skim-read your article
- They give an indication of the time/investment required to read your article
If you’re struggling for blog topics (or you have writers block) then listicles are your gateway to blog writing freedom.