Does your business have a blog?
If so, you’ll know that the easy part was setting it up.
The hard part is deciding what to write about, but don’t worry – you’re not alone.
Because many businesses don’t know what to write about, so they end up writing about themselves – which is a BIG mistake.
Why blogging about your business is bad
- You use your language, not your customers (learn more about the blog writers curse of knowledge)
- You focus on selling product (rather than helping your customers)
- You talk about what’s important to you (rather than your customers and their problems)
So to avoid the mistakes above, you first need to find out what your reader actually cares about.
3 ways to find out (and write about) what your customers care about
Ask yourself the following questions:
- What questions are you always being asked by your prospects?
- What challenges do your customers face? (make a list!)
- What do you always find yourself having to explain over and over again?
Finding answers to the questions above will help you create blog articles that will get read.
Like this article? See why blog writing is the new cold-calling