Struggling with what to share on your Facebook page?
Or perhaps you’re just looking for a handful of Facebook update ideas?
Here are 29 reasons to post on your business Facebook page.
You know it’s time for a Facebook update when you’ve…
- Launched a new product (well done!)
- Taken a selfie (any excuse)
- Hired a new team member
- Celebrated an anniversary (eg, 10 years in business)
- Got new uniforms (say cheese!)
- Had a visit from a famous customer (eg, an all-black)
- Had a team building event
- Snapped a great photo (eg, an awesome view)
- Won an award (go you!)
- Been burgled (seriously, people will want to help you)
- Redecorated your office (before and after photos work great)
- Competed in a team sports event
- Written an article (worth sharing)
- Landed a significant new customer
- Sponsored, supported or donated to a not-for-profit
- Bought new company cars (#jealous)
- Had a work party (family-friendly photos only please)
- Rebranded your business (remember to update your profile pic)
- Survived crazy weather (or a natural disaster)
- Found an inspirational quote (that suits your business)
- Received a thank you card, note or gift from a client
- Had an article in the paper
- Posed like a diva (don’t lie)
- Celebrated a staff members birthday (or yours)
- Held a special event
- Had a work shout or morning tea (any excuse)
- Found a great industry related meme or jokes
- Held a competition (for staff or customers)
- Made a hilarious mistake (go on, own up!)
*Bonus* 4 Facebook status updates NOT to share:
- You’ve reached a new number of Facebook likes (*yawn*)
- ‘Watch this space’ or ‘We’ve got big news’ style posts (when you’ve got something to announce, but can’t say yet)
- Inside jokes that almost nobody gets (I admit it, I’m guilty of these from time to time)
- Anything that’s just a text only status update (all Facebook updates need an image, link or video)
Did I miss any?
Add a comment below and I’ll add them to the list above.