Top Secret Facebook Tips for Better Fan Engagement
It’s getting harder to get noticed on Facebook.
Here are my top 6 tips for breaking through the clutter, growing your fan numbers and engaging your audience.
1. Keep it short
- Facebook is a busy place. According to Facebook, posts between 100 and 250 characters (less than 3 lines of text) see about 60% more likes, comments and shares than posts greater than 250 characters.
2. Not all posts are created equal
- Video and imagery grabs more attention than simple text. With this in mind, try using related images to make your text content stand out. According to Facebook, posts including a photo album, a picture or a video generate about 180%, 120%, and 100% more engagement than the average post, respectively.
3. Use Facebook Questions
- Facebook’s built in ‘Questions’ tool is super powerful and many businesses don’t know about it yet. If you haven’t already, check out my blog article ‘How one Facebook post reached 22,963 people.’
4. Keep it topical
- It’s easy to forget that Social Media is simply an extension of real life, so what’s happening in the world today or in the world of your business? What’s on the news or in the paper? Is it related to your business in any way?
- Facebook defaults to posting as yourself (personally) when you’re not commenting on your own business page – the problem with this is that your business doesn’t get any attention! Switch to using Facebook as yourself (see image) and your comments will help to spread the word about your business.
6. Patience is a virtue
- Take your time when responding to comments on your Facebook page. Responding quickly turns a public post into a two person dialogue, where as waiting for an hour or two increases the likelihood that another one of your fan’s will jump in and add a comment also (thus improving the reach of your post)
Would you like a review of your Facebook page? Please contact me if you’d like my feedback as I’m only too happy to help!Tags: facebook, facebook engagement